width x height
background color / text color
- Colors are represented as hex codes (#ffffff is white)
- Colors always follow the dimensions, https://www.wbithole.be/tools/image?size=250/ffffff/000000 not https://www.wbithole.be/tools/image?size=ffffff/250/000000
- The first color is always the background color and the second color is the text color.
- The background color is optional and defaults to gray (#cccccc)
- The text color is optional and defaults to black (#000000)
- There are shortcuts for colors
- 3 digits will be expanded to 6, 09f becomes 0099ff
- 2 digits will be expanded to 6, ef becomes efefef
- 1 digit will be repeated 6 times, c becomes cccccc Note: a single 0 will not work, use 00 instead.
- Standard image sizes are also available. See the complete list.
.gif, .jpg, .png
- Adding an image file extension will render the image in the proper format
- Image format is optional and the default is a gif
- jpg and jpeg are the same
- The image extension can go at the end of any option in the url
- Custom text can be entered using a query string at the very end of the url.
- This is optional, default is the image dimensions (300×250)
- a-z (upper and lowercase), numbers, and most symbols will work just fine.
- Spaces become +
- The font used is from the freely available M+ Font Project
The following characters need to be encoded using the UTF-8 Hex version in order to be renederd properly.
You'll run into problems trying to manually enter a dimension as text if the numbers use the UTf-8 Hex values above, like &text=400x250. Use a multiplication symbol, × instead (not an x character) to get around this, &text=400×250.
If you need to use other unicode characters, look up their UTF-8 Hex version at http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/search.htm
Standard Image Sizes
Several standard dimensions are included in lifeinteger.com/webtools/dummy-image-generator including ad sizes and screen resolution sizes.